Saturday, June 03, 2006

Of rumours and other things..

Right, so I am back after a week of inaction.
Enough has been said, written, and insinuated about the Monaco Grand Prix Qualifying.
In the absence of Spa (and hence, Eau Rouge), Rascasse might just become the most famous corner this year. However, I do believe that incident was not entirely deliberate - it began as a mistake definitely. Just so you know.

So, what really brought me to post here today was some rumours.. I make no claims about their authenticity however. The big one is that Kimi may *NOT* join Ferrari after all, but may instead move to Renault. Clearly, if that happens, one of Alonso or Kimi is going to end up looking a fool. If Renault continue their impressive ways, Alonso will be questioning himself "WHy?!!". On the other hand, if Alonso wins the championship with McLaren, Kimi might as well go back to fishing in the lakes in Finland. So, why would Kimi join Renault ? Because, Renault want to keep winning till 2012, and Fisichella is no title contender.

Which brings me to the second rumour. Fisi is out next season. Yes, you heard that right. Fisi has been unimpressive all through his two years at Renault, and this looks to be the ideal time to get rid of him. Heikki Kovalanein seems likely to take the Renault second race seat next season. Personally, I think Fisi is past his best - he has been absolutely destroyed by Nando in Renault.

A good place to tell you whom I would want out of F1 - Fisi, Trulli, Ralf [The torro rossos and Midlands and Aguris dont count - drivers can come and go as they please]. Trulli and Ralf are wasting 2 places on the grid - Toyota could do with better drivers.

People whom I would want to see in better cars - Webber, JV and David Coulthard. I think all of them are GP-winners material (not championship contenders perhaps..). I think with RBR having Adrian Newey on board, next years Red Bull cars are going to be very good, and perhaps then DC could get a few more wins. JV should really be in a Ferrari or McLaren !! And Webber - perhaps Renault would be good for him. :)

People whom I want to see in F1 in future - Heikki Kovalanein, Hamilton, Marco Andretti. I think their driving this season has been impressive.. though Marco Andretti has still a long way to go.

Test drivers who should get a race drive - Alex Wurz, Ant Davidson. I dont need to say anything more !

More later !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home